Saturday, September 12, 2015

Tired Horizons

I can feel the new cold air coming into my room. It's kind of comforting because I know everything outside is as gloomy as I could imagine for it. Don't ask me why that's comforting... 
I can just picture this girl named Autumn with this soft gold-brown hair and huge beautiful, sad hazel eyes. She's tucking herself into bed and listening to "Smells like teen spirit" until the first snow fall. The cold will alter her mood ever so slightly, so she'll turn on something like "Evenescence" or the "Red hot chili peppers"... Whatever makes her feel less isolated. 
I bet when she stares up at her ceiling it's totally different than mine. When I look up I see the stars, and temporarily allow myself to get lost somewhere unfamiliar. If only there was nothing holding me back.
I still smile though.
Her ceiling, however, is a canvas filled with the splatters and iridescent drips of her spiraling imagination... I bet she tires of the bleakness of winter. 
It does help the rest of us to see her light bounce and reflect off of the snow around her. I swear her shadow is bright enough to lighten my mind. 
It's like seeing the sun behind closed eyelids. It's just nice getting to see a little bit of light inside yourself. Even if it's unintentional. It makes me feel human. Relatable. Isn't it just curious that she probably sees the same light? A warm glow that's slowly fleeting... It's enough to get us through the dark winter.
It has to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment