Monday, May 4, 2015

With my back to the beast

A feeling of frustration entangles me and I let it hold me back.
It intertwines itself with my desires and devours them until I loose sight of what I want.
Only when I give up, that's when I find myself relieved.
Though relief doesn't mask the shame that I feel afterwards in the same way that this monster hides my desires. 
I just sulk in my corner, staring down at my hands, so angry with myself for giving up.
But behind me there is a beast... It's a dark black mass of my greatest fear; failure.
I couldn't dare look it in the eyes.

2 comments:

  1. YOU MUST'NT BE AFRAID OF FAILURE! PERSIST AND KEEP TRYING BECAUSE THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE FAILURE IS WHEN YOU STOP TRYING! I totally just quoted Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I appreciate the quote and the read! I will absolutely keep that in mind.
      I used to love that movie, by the way.

      Delete